Are you going to have your vacation and don’t know which is the best vacation spot in the US to choose? What associations do you have when you hear the “United States”? Freedom? Disneyland? Obama? The lights of Las Vegas? Maybe Hollywood Walk of Fame? We offer you to feel the full flavor of America, visiting, at least virtually, the list which contains not ten vacation spots in the US like you can usually see in many other articles but the top 25 places for you to have the greater choice!
- The best vacation spot in US number 1: New York City
- The best vacation spot in US number 2. Grand Canyon
- The best vacation spot in US number 3: New Orleans
- The best vacation spot in US number 4: The National Park “Yellowstone”
- The best vacation spot in US number 5: New England
- The best vacation spot in US number 6: San Francisco and the “country of wines”
- The best vacation spot in US number 7: Chicago
- The best vacation spot in US number 8: Walt Disney World
- The best vacation spot in US number 9: Deep South
- The best vacation spot in US number 10: Las Vegas
- The best vacation spot in US number 11: Pacific Highway
- The best vacation spot in US number 12: Miami
- The best vacation spot in US number 13: National Mall,Washington
- The best vacation spot in US number 14: National Park “Yosemite”
- The best vacation spot in US number 15: Rockies
- The best vacation spot in US number 16: Blue Ridge Parkway
- The best vacation spot in US number 17: Austin and San Antonio
- The best vacation spot in US number 18: Boston and Cape Cod
- The best vacation spot in US number 19: The Cities of Native Americans
- The best vacation spot in US number 20: Seattle
- The best vacation spot in US number 21: Los Angeles
- The best vacation spot in US number 22: Texas
- The best vacation spot in US number 23: Central America
- The best vacation spot number 24: Hawaii
- The best vacation spot number 25: New Jersey
The house for novice artists, shelter for the fund magnates and immigrants from around the world, New York is constantly changing, but remains one of the world centers of fashion, theater, food, music, publishing, advertising and finance.
In five urban areas you can see:
- a striking number of museums,
- ethnic neighborhoods.
Interesting: Follow the example of the inhabitants: walk along the streets. Each disctrict in this dizzying kaleidoscope reflects the character and history of the city, and even a short walking tour takes you through the different continents.
If you have your vacation- go to see the Grand Canyon which you’ve seen in the movies and heard about it from any traveler. Is it worth to be advertised so much? The answer is a resounding “yes.” Grand Canyon is immense, and its age is almost impossible to imagine:
- it was formed over 6 million years,
- some stones in its walls are 2 billion years old.
You can look over the edge and you come up with great power and mystery of the land where we live.
Interesting: Seeing the Grand Canyon, you cannot compare it with any other miracle of nature.
It seems that the inhabitants of this place live with the only aim -to eat. The French, the Spaniards, Sicilians, Filipinos, Haitians, citizens of the former Yugoslavia, the Irish and the Germans – all have contributed to the holiday of the stomach, making New Orleans one of the US cities where people appreciate food so much.
By the way, the city has:
- a unique history,
- beautiful architecture,
- amazing music.
Interesting:But the trip here is usually related more to the food. Leave the French Quarter – the oldest part of the city – and have a snack in the «Riverbend», «Uptown», «Faubourg Marigny» and «Bywater», in order to know the true flavor of New Orleans – the soft shell crab with new potatoes and almonds.
The fascinating beauty of nature and the amazing geology – that’s just a few reasons why the Yellowstone attracts more than other national parks of the world.
Divided into 5 clearly visible regions, it occupies a huge area – nearly 5,600 square kilometers. Many days can be devoted to the study of its beauty. Among the highlights of Yellowstone:
- impressive geysers,
- rocky mountains,
- scenic heights with an excellent overview of the terrain,
- bubbling mud pots,
- 1,600 kilometers of hiking trails.
Interesting: It is the best place to observe the wildlife of North America.
Autumn in New England is really great! An important occupation, which has an epic scale in New England is watching how the leaves change color. You can do this anywhere – just one tree will be enough to spend much time looking at it being impressed. From the Litchfield Hills in Connecticut and Massachusetts to the Berkshire Stowe in the Northern Vermont you can see hills surrounded by purple, orange and yellow crowns of trees. The area seems to be the threshold of paradise thanks to:
- white church spiers,
- thickets of maples in Vermont and New Hampshire
Interesting: This place is the best one for the people of some creative professions like artists and photographers.
Surrounded by knocking of the old-fashioned trams and crept toward thick fog by the evening time, San Francisco stretches over hills and valleys. It invites you:
- to have a long journey,
- to get acquainted with music shops,
- to enjoy the world-class dining
- to dip into the
Turn round the corner to enjoy the views of the coastline, you will definitely be caught by this beauty. If you can take your eyes from it- visit the lush vineyards in:
- the Napa Valley,
- Sonoma Rashn River.
Both of them are located to the north of the city.
Interesting: Traveling, wonderful wine, fresh vegetables from the garden – this is the “country of wines”. It has something for everyone!
And now we are going to present you the top vacation spots in US! Can you guess what are they? Sure, all of them are well-known among the travelers. The best vacation spots in America: Chicago, Las Vegas, Miami, Disney World …
Let’s start from Chicago.
The City of winds will make you admire:
- the buildings, which hurt the clouds,
- beaches on the shores of lakes
- world-class museums.
Chicago is a mixture of high culture and the joys of the Earth. Is there any other city where Picasso sculpture dressed in a form a local sports team? Where else can the people stand in line for hot dogs, as if it is the best restaurant in the North America? Winters here are harsh, but when there is summer, Chicago celebrates its warm days with delicious food and music festivals!
Interesting: The best season for visiting Chicago is summer as there are a lot of things to do here during this season
“The happiest place on the Earth” is the name of one of the top vacation spots in US, especially if you rest with your family. “Walt Disney World” is the place, where you have the impression that you are the main character of the show.
Besides the crazy rides, entertainment and nostalgia, all parents feel magic watching their children:
- how your own child is filled with confidence from the smile of Gufan,
- when Cinderella is giving him a nod,
- how he is protecting the galaxy with Buzz Lightyear,
- or fight with Darth Maul, like a true Jedi knight.
Interesting: Visiting the Walt Disney World is like a must for everybody who come to the US as you won’t forgive yourself if you don’t see it!
Steeped in history, smug Deep South combines the most fascinating features of America:
- mossy swamps of South Carolina,
- snack bars of the mouth of the Mississippi river,
- hidden French-speaking enclaves of the swampy Louisiana.
Known for its slowness, Deep South knows everything about the little pleasures of life:
- the taste of fresh oysters in the hut near the Gulf
- the walks along the paths of the pre-war Savannah,
- the sweet tea, which you are sipping while chatting with new friends.
Interesting: This place is known for very friendly people who like meeting travelers and showing them around.
What associations do you have when you think about this city? Most people think of it as about the city of sins. Let’s call it “Sin City”. It is a radiant neon light heart of American dreams about the brilliant life. Here the name of the flicker on the roofs of the luxury hotels. One of the top vacation spots in US can be characterized by:
- the noise of the slot machines,
- the sound of clinking glasses with martini
- hypnotic rhythms of DJs till the dawn
Is this spot for you? What can you do here while having your vacation? There are a lot of activities available here! You can sip cocktails while sitting under a palm tree or play blackjack at the pool. It would be a great idea to visit Paris, the Wild West and the tropical island – all in one night.
Interesting: Here everything is available around the clock! This place is for those who would like to have active vacation and to spend it enjoying life!
Coastal Highway originates in Canada and stretches along the West Coast of the United States up to the Mexican border, opening the landscape to motorists. From the top of the cliffs you can enjoy watching:
- the raging waves,
- sunlit hills,
- eucalyptus forests and lush sequoias.
The way leads past the wild beaches, idyllic towns, fishing villages, pristine rainforest.
Interesting: The contemplation of nature can be combined with adventures in the big cities, plunged into life in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
What a lucky city Miami is! Why is it lucky you want to ask? Everything is simple! Other spots can have only one or two advantages, but Miami has got everything! Go past the beaches and the historic Art Deco District and at every turn there will be new faces of this city. At the dancefloor Havana emigrants are dancing the bolero, in the night clubs Brazilian models with burning eyes dance hip-hop and Latino, and in the park old men are playing dominoes. Moreover, all streets and restaurants offer tourists to taste the dishes of the following cuisine :
Interesting: This spot is for active people who are looking for lively rest and great entertainment!
Three-kilometer framed iconic monuments and sacred buildings of marble, National Mall is the center of political and cultural life of Washington. In summer there are:
- major music festivals,
- food festivals,
And all year long visitors wander through the halls of the richest museums in America which are placed among the greenery.
Interesting: If you want to know the history of the United States, there is no better place – whether you go around Vietnam Veterans Memorial or climb the steps to the Lincoln Memorial, where Martin Luther King delivered his famous speech “I Have a Dream.”
Have you found the perfect place to enjoy your vacation? Wait till we tell you about some other top vacation spots in US. Seattle, Boston, the city of Native Americans, Rocky Mountains, Yosemite Valley and many more places are waiting for their turn to boast with their beautiful and unique places.
Illustrious Valley Yosemite has the glacial origin. Here, the heart always beats faster, even in summer, when the roads are crowded with vehicles. What can you do here?
- In spring you can plunge into the jets roaring waterfalls with melted snow water,
- to have a rest on the alpine meadows, drowning in wild flowers, singing the main theme of the musical movie “The Sound of Music.”
Landscape of Yosemite is able to intoxicate as there are a lot of things that can cause dizziness:
- rock formations,
- ancient giant sequoias.
Interesting: If you are looking for solitude and space, 1770 square kilometers of pristine nature is exactly what you need!
Rocky Mountains are the home of the highest mountain peaks of continental America:
- steep peaks,
- turbulent rivers,
- centuries-old gorges,
- national parks.
In winter, skiing and snowboarding on the slopes of snow, in spring you can go hiking or riding a mountain bike to where everything is blooming. The sunny summer day will offer you to plunge into the raging white water.
Interesting: And besides, you can recharge in the refreshing hot springs and small breweries, restaurants serving vegetables straight from the garden.
If you go and stay somewhere near the southern Appalachian Mountains of Virginia and North Carolina you can can enjoy:
- the magnificent sunsets,
- see the fauna
- lose all sense of reality seeing a wasteland extending on either side of the 750-kilometer highway.
If you like walking, then this is your best vacation spot in America as here you will be able to choose from the lightest hiking to the lakes and streams to difficult rises to a height of an eagle’s nest – in the heart of nature. Interesting: you can go camping or spend the night in the forest house and in the nearby towns you shouldn’t miss the chance to experience the atmosphere of country and rock music.
One of the brightest stars of Texas, Austin is environmentally friendly – city of:
It is creative and full of bohemian spirit thanks to the university nonconformist sub-culture. This is one of the music capitals of America: from its stages you can hear a dizzying array of tunes every night. Two major music festival gathers the best of the best! To the south-west of the city of Austin there is San Antonio city which attracts tourists because of its:
- lovely promenade,
- lively festivals (among them the ten days festival of San Antonio)
- rich history (from the serene Spanish missions to the battle for the Alamo).
Interesting: As you can see, this place is the great spot for those who want to have an active rest, especially for the music fans!
Point your feet along the famous Freedom Trail, as the participants of the ancient Boston Tea Party Paul Revere and Sam Adams. This is one of the best historical spots in US which can provide you with the opportunity:
- to experience the history of revolutions,
- to go around the campus of Harvard University
- to have fun in some famous city’s
Interesting: Here you can relax on the beach coast of Cape Cod or to have a cruise to watch the whales and get lost in the wild dunes of Provincetown.
Southwest with its fantastic ancient and modern attractions is the country of the Native Americans. In Colorado and Arizona you can see the old houses on the top of a cliff, whose inhabitants were the Indians who lived among this impressive rocky terrain. Once you are there:
- you can hire a guide and visit the holy Canyon de Chelly,
- spend the night in the reservation
- purchase masters’
Interesting: Don’t forget to buy some hand-made souvenir to have something memorable with the spirit of this unique place!
Modern city on the shore of the Pacific Ocean, Seattle has the ability to turn ideas originated here in the world brands. It has deserved a place in the pantheon of the great US metropolises of the:
- world-famous music industry,
- vibrant coffee culture
- penchant for Internet innovations.
Interesting: While trendsetters are tripping over themselves in search of sensations, urban traditionalists retain the spirit of the city in areas where culture flourishes with own-grown food and probably here you will be able to find the best open-air market of the country – Pike Place.
The next portion of the best vacation spots in the US will include: Los Angeles, Texas, Hawaii, Central America
Although Los Angeles is the entertainment capital of the world, it is not just a film industry star. It is a city of eccentric Venice Beach – the area to the west of the city with:
- basketball courts,
- bike paths,
- art galleries
- restaurants in Santa Monica,
- independent suburbs like Los Feliz and Silverleyk,
- favorite surfers beaches like Malibu,
- the severe nature of the Griffith park.
Dig deeper and you will find a huge number of museums of all kinds of art, experiencing a cultural revival of the city center and the multicultural area which is full of life.
Interesting: If you want to find good food, it is enough to turn round the corner.
Texas is the state which is well-known as the barbecue state. Countless options for combinations of sauces and meat allow endlessly experimenting with flavors. Take a plate and choose something to your liking. And do not bother to look for the newest and best: real treasure is a combination which has been popular for decades. Here you have the possibility to enjoy:
- walking through the pine forests
- visiting the Museum of Fine Arts with the works of the famous artists
- visiting Space Center in Houston.
Interesting: Plan your trip to Texas as this place combines sports activities, a possibility to sunbathe on the beach, visiting galleries and museums and many more activities you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
Endless open roads, charming parks such as Badlands and delicious food in Kansas City – just a few of the pearls on the necklace of the Great Plains. This place is full of surprises and some may surprise you more than you expect even:
- Carhenge in Nebraska
- Corn Palace in South Dakota
- Space Museum
- stunning cosmosphere in Kansas.
Interesting: Take a ride on the legendary old roads, such as US50, and you’ll get an unforgettable experience.
Hawaii is a magical place to visit. Where else you can find:
- such a small area of tropical rain forests,
- smoking volcanoes,
- thundering waterfalls
- beautiful beaches
- beautiful hiking trails
- opportunities for kayaking in the ancient coastal cliffs,
- surfing (for pros and beginners),
- the islands which are full of elusive charm
Interesting: Here you can contemplate the world without any hurry and enjoy a wonderful meal. In addition, Hawaii has its own culture, imbued with Polynesian relaxing atmosphere. Be ready to spend more time here than you have been planning.
Perhaps, the most popular and revered part of New Jersey is its gold coast. The coastline, which stretches from Sandy Hook to Cape May is full of:
- resort towns,
- shopping malls
The town of Cape May is a popular resort and the southernmost inhabited spot of New Jersey. Its stunning Victorian architecture and endless beaches attract around 40 000 tourists per year, moreover, it is the only place in Jersey, where the sun rises and sets over the water.
Interesting: Another place in New Jersey, which is worth visiting, is Atlantic City. In fact, this is the second Las Vegas in the US. The city is known for its casinos, gambling, sandy beaches, shopping centers and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Hope this virtual tour will help you to choose among the best vacation spots in the US! Enjoy your vacation somewhere in the top spot in America!