Panama City Beach is a small American city located in Florida on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico. Today, Panama City Beach is the most popular holiday destination for all residents of the southern states of the United States of America. Panama City Beach is also an ideal place for those who cannot sit still. Golf lovers in the city are waiting for quality playing fields. They are located in the most picturesque places of Panama City Beach, surrounded by fragrant pine trees, thickets of magnolias and murmuring streams. Not only professionals play golf here but also beginners, the main thing is a desire.
Inveterate fishermen can rent a small pleasure boat or boat and go fishing on the open sea. Only a couple of meters from the shore you will see many fish species, so the pleasure of this type of rest is guaranteed. The most successful fishing is waiting for the fishermen under the bridge, which is laid through the Panama Canal and divides Panama City Beach into two parts.
- Thing to do number 1: Go to the National Park Metropolitano
- Thing to do number 2: Enjoy extreme tourism at Rio Chagres River
- Thing to do number 3: Sunbathe at the Beach Farfan
- Thing to do number 4: Go to the Dolphin Bay
- Thing to do number 5: Enjoy surfing on the Beach Hideaway
- Thing to do number 6: Entertain yourself in the Shipwreck Island Water Park
- Thing to do number 7: Organize a picnic in the St. Andrew’s Park
- Thing to do number 8: Visit the Museum-Odditorium “Believe It or Not”
- Thing to do number 9: Visit the Wonder Works Museum
- Thing to do number 10: Go to the Conservation Park
The National Park Metropolitano is a 10-minute drive from Panama City. This is the most famous and popular eco-park in the country. Here, in a territory of more than 29 hectares, there is a natural tropical forest untouched by man. Here you will find the largest number of endangered animals and birds of this strip.
Several routes operate along the reserve. The most popular Cienequita passes through the forest. After several ascents and descents, you will find yourself on the Trail of the Monkeys of Titi. Then you need to rise again to admire the panorama of the city, the canal and the port of Balboa. There is a place to have a rest, located in the crown of trees. Nearby is the Sedar Hill observation deck. From a height of 150 meters you can admire:
- Islands Taboga, Flamenco and Taboguilla,
- the Panama Canal
- and the Bridge of the Americas.
Entrance to the park is available from six in the morning until five in the evening.
Interesting: It’s just not so easy to get into the territory – the entrance fee is required and the guide must accompany, which must be agreed in advance. All funds from ecotourism go to maintain the natural environment of the tropical reserve.
Rio Chagres is the main river in central Panama. In the central part of the river, the dam formed two artificial lakes Gatun and Alajuela, which forms part of the Panama Canal. The upper reaches of the river are declared a protected area to maintain a constant water level in the Panama Canal. Now there are several nature reserves.
One of the most popular tourist routes passes exactly along the river.
- On the boat you will go to Lake Alajuela, moving along the river through thickets of mangrove trees or in the shadow of the mysterious jungle.
- While passing, you can visit several national nature reserves, such as the famous Soberania and Chagres.
- For lovers of extreme tourism, there is the area of the Chagres-Challenger River, ideal for rafting.
Interesting: Most of the valley of the river is represented by tropical forests.
Beach Farfan is one of the most popular beaches in Panama. Here tourists from all over the country come. The water in this area is always clean and transparent. In the summer, its temperature does not drop below twenty-five degrees Celsius.
Reasons to come here are the following:
- In the days of tides, the waves rise to a height of one meter. At this time, you can meet lovers of surfing.
- Farfan Beach is not sandy. It is covered with small pebbles and grass.
- On weekdays it is not crowded. It is perfect for those who prefer a relaxing holiday in nature.
- Not far from Farfan there is a busy city highway.
Interesting: Near the beach there are no shops and cafes, so it’s better to take a rest with drinks and food. The beach of Farfan is open for daily visits.
The island of Dolphin Bay is located next to the island of San Cristobal and forms a picturesque lagoon, overgrown with mangroves. Its snow-white sandy beaches are popular not only among ecotourists, but also among those who like fishing from the shore or yacht.
- This is one of the most beautiful and secluded places on the archipelago.
- Here you can see in the natural environment whole flocks of dolphins, who consider this lagoon their home. Just a few minutes by boat you can get to a secluded bay, where almost all year round, dolphins live. They sail to the shallows to rest and grow their offspring.
- Do not be surprised if your boat driver refuses to swim close to them – this zone is protected and close contact with marine vehicles can harm small and curious dolphins.
By the way, the island of Dolphin Bay today is in the list of the most sought-after islands, which can be purchased in the property.
Interesting: Its area of 610 square meters is estimated $ 40,000. The opportunity to buy your own island with the beach, dolphins and pineapple groves seems very tempting and not so unrealistic.
Beach Hideaway is one of the most famous beaches of Panama. It enjoys popularity both among lovers of quiet rest, and extreme sports. Many of them come here to sunbathe. In this place you will always see pure snow-white sand. On the beach, you can practice sports such as:
All necessary equipment can be rented. If desired, tourists can use the services of a professional instructor. Often you can see diving enthusiasts here. On the beach there are several water attractions. They are designed not only for children, but also for adults. There are several cafes at Hideaway, where vacationers can purchase refreshments, as well as fruits and light snacks.
Interesting: Tourists can rent loungers and beach umbrellas. Entrance to the beach Hideaway is free.
Shipwreck Island Water Park was opened in 1983. Want a lot of water adventures without jellyfish, sharks? Go to the water park at Panama City Beach, Florida. The water park, decorated in a tropical style, offers guests everything you need for a classy break. Clean, well-groomed territory, lush vegetation, polite, well-trained staff.
By the will of fate, you are on the Island of the Lost Ships, so use all its possibilities for class relaxation!
- The Zoom Flume is the most favorite entertainment for the guests of the water park. It is necessary to dare to descend from a high hill along three winding pipes. The award is a noisy splash into the pool-paddling pool with crystal clear water.
- The Raging Rapids – the best white pipe with water slides, from which breathtaking. The path starts with a small funnel, through a small grotto with vertical water jets.
- The Pirate’s Plunge Racing Slide – a descent race for two pipes 20 meters high. Pirate rides are an excellent tool to check how much the participants’ nerves are on the steep and horizontal sections.
- Tree Top Drop – a steep descent starts from a 20-meter platform through a dark pipe through swirls and inclines.
- White Knuckle River – 200 meters of water trip on excellent wide white slide whirlpools. An excellent place for collective descent on the raft for all family members. Smooth movement on a rubber raft, sliding from side to side.
- Ocean Motion shakes on large transparent waves without unexpected surprises in the form of marine inhabitants.
The Great Shipwreck is the most popular attraction with a spectacular descent on a rope with an exact replica of a sailboat of the XVII century and splashdown in a transparent pool.
Skull Island is a family swimming pool with waterfalls, children’s slides and water jets. On the Island of Skull, the beating of a bell announces the filling of a giant ladle. A moment, and the flow of water from the ladle hits the swimmers.
After sea adventure you need to refresh yourself. What does the water park offer? Cakes-funnels, ice cream and frozen drinks, as well as hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs, salads, barbecue. On the territory there is a barbecue area. Everything you need for entertainment and sunbathing is available for purchase in the Shopping in Paradise.
Interesting: Shipwreck Island Water Park is popular with adults and children. While parents enjoy swimming on the Lazy River, children have fun on spectacular rides and water slides, study the wreckage of ships, ship towers.
If you are looking for the perfect place for a spring or summer family trip, then you should choose one of the stunning beaches of Florida. Of all the many beaches of this state there is one that deserves the title of the best, but which is still underestimated by tourists.
Park St. Andrews is a former military reservation, located east of Panama City on the Emerald Coast of Florida. The pristine beaches of the Gulf of Mexico and the Grand Lagoon stretch for 2.5 km.
In St. Andrews, you will not just spend a typical day on the beach, there are also a lot of activities that the whole family can participate in. If you are interested in just swimming and sunbathing, then this is one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida, with soft white sand and bright blue-green water.
Here you can:
- try your hand at canoeing or fishing from one of the piers,
- go on a boat tour to explore the nearby island of Shell,
- go for a walk through the wild and see alligators, turtles, deer, raccoons and a wide variety of local birds.
Interesting: In St. Andrews there is also a picnic pavilion where you can have a delicious lunch. If you want to stay in the park for the night, then there is a camp on its territory.
At the exhibition Ripley’s “Believe It or Not” you will not believe your own eyes! The exhibition called Odditorium with bizarre exhibits and attractions, including a 5D cinema, is a must-place to visit. Stand next to the tallest person in the world or go to a vampire woman, completely covered with tattoos and extravagant jewelry.
Examine more than 500 fascinating exhibits, including amazing animals and figures of unique people. Ripley’s “Believe It or Not” is one of the few exhibitions in this series where you can see a real robot transformer. Many exhibits were brought from travel by Robert Ripley himself.
Robert Ripley was born in 1890 in the United States. He was an adventurer, a multiplier, a reporter, but above all a true collector. He brought home bizarre objects from all corners of the world. His first exhibition he opened in Chicago in 1933; the number of its visitors exceeded 2 million. Collections of Robert Ripley enjoyed popularity after his death in 1949. The exhibits collected by him can be found not only in America but in other countries as well:
- and the capital of Holland, Amsterdam.
There is also a unique moving cinema in the 5D format: the chairs are moved while you are watching a 3D movie with virtual reality glasses. Never before has the cinema seemed so realistic!
Interesting: An interactive exhibition is suitable for visitors of all ages. By the way: on average, visitors spend about 90 minutes at the exhibition, but, of course, you can view the exhibits in their rhythm.
The inverted house of the Wonder Works is a rather unusual building that has become a true cultural landmark of the city. The house is turned not only from the outside, but also inside. They say that the building used to be a research laboratory. Scientists, creating a giant tornado, did not define its strength, so a huge whirlwind turned the building over. Now the building houses a museum in which you can walk on the ceiling, between chandeliers.
Visitors to the house are not bored here, because there is a lot of entertainment in it, for example:
- virtual roller coaster,
- a room for meditation and imitation of earthquakes,
- a gallery of illusions,
- a space zone,
- a zone of fear and other attractions.
Interesting: All this is located on an area of 18,000 square meters. A few hours to visit the museum is not enough – some people spend whole days here – from 9 am to 12 noon.
The Conservation Park is the best place to enjoy outdoor recreational activities in the Panama City Beach. 22 miles of trails are perfect for those who like hiking. Sure, that its main aim is to preserve the ecosystem, however, it performs two functions being one of the most popular places of tourists as well.
In the Conservation Park there is a complex adjacent to the water management building. Here you will also find a public reception area with the best restroom facilities. If you love observing nature, then don’t miss a chance to observe native wildlife here. This is a real paradise for those who like observing birds. Don’t forget to take your binoculars and all necessary equipment with you.
As for the rules of visiting the park, there are really many here. Among which the most important is not smoke, drink. It is recommended to get acquainted with the complete list of rules before visiting the park area. Here you can enjoy the following things:
- bike riding,
- observing nature.
Interesting: 12 trail routes from 0.6 to 11 miles in length are at your disposal to choose from daily.