i have been to the Pearl Market several times and it is always good.
There are 5 floors of different goods. The pearl floor is the main attraction of the market. Here you can get pearls at ridiculously cheap prices (however always check the quality). Many sellers will also tailor make pearl jewellery to your needs. I always walk away with some pearl item when I visit.
The other floors have various goods such as:
- Fake designer bags, wallets, belts
- Fake designer jackets, shirts, jeans, jumpers, t-shirts, dresses
- ‘Traditional’ chinese tablecloths, bedspreads, placemats, etc (although the silk market is better for these things)
- You MUST bargain at the Pearl Market. Do it with a smile, a laugh and never get angry or offensive. It is a lot of fun if you don’t take it seriously. Everyone will get ripped off at some point, so just take it as part of the experience.
- Never feel bad, even if they look sad and tell you that your price is so low they can’t feed their family. If that were true they would not sell it to you for that price.
- Always check the quality of the products. Gently pull the seams, check the zips, and on handbags always check handles.
- If you are willing to pay more for a better product ask for “Triple A” quality. These are the very best fake designer goods and are never on display. They cost more but look better and last longer.
- Beware of pickpckets. They are known to frequent the Pearl Market after tourists.