Alcatraz aka: The RockSolitary Confinement. Alcatraz is featured on the lists Everybody Hates a Tourist: San Francisco, The National Park Service's "National Historic Landmarks (California)", and Everybody Hates A Tourist: USA.
Lists about this place
- - Everybody Hates a Tourist: San Francisco
- - The National Park Service's "National Historic Landmarks (California)"
- - Everybody Hates A Tourist: USA
- - US National Park Service National Park Guide
- - 400 Places on Earth You Have To Go
- - Places I Will Visit Someday!
- - Visit before 11/03/2011
Write an entry Entries about this place
I lived in San Francisco many years ago and always wanted to visit Alcatraz. It never happened until last month when I went back to visit on vacation. It seems you only really see anything when you’re on vacation! It would probably have been slightly better I had taken a normal tour, but I didn’t want to pay extra so I stuck with the audio tour. It can be interesting, but I’d recommend going when it’s not rainy so that the boat ride will at least be enjoyable if you don’t end up enjoying the rest. Wouldn’t mind seeing what the night tour was all about either..over 3 years ago
Ask a question Travel questionsNobody has asked a question yet. Be the first!
People who have been here
See all 995 people