Lists about this place
- - Places to visit in New Jersey
- - Everybody Hates a Tourist: New York City
- - US National Park Service National Park Guide
- - Great American Places To See Before You Die
- - Parks, Gardens, Fountains & Beaches of New York City
- - Places To Visit in NYC
- - Everybody Hates A Tourist: New York State
Write an entry Entries about this place
My ancestors came here, most likely, your ancestors came here. Ellis Island is where fates were decided, where hopes and dreams began for some, where hope was lost for others.
Some of my family got into the country, some where over quota, became Canadians for a spell. I’m the 2nd generation of US soil borne Americans in my family.
This place made that happen.over 4 years ago
I visited the statue of liberty monument and Ellis island just recently. It was pretty cool. Some of the pictures of the first immigrants and the assesments they had to pass in order to stay .. brought tears to my eyes.
Ask a question Travel questionsNobody has asked a question yet. Be the first!
People who have been here
See all 1058 people