I walked through the place wanting to see every inch of it…and wanting to be able to stay there. All I could think about was what I’d do in that place if I could stay the night there. What Id wanna do…exploring the place on my own swimming in those amazing pools. Omg…I can’t wait to see the other tours that are available to this place. Its truly amazing!over 4 years ago
Hearst Castle aka: Hearst San Simeon State Historical MonumentThe National Park Service's "National Historic Landmarks (California)", All California State Parks and Points of Interest, and Famous Homes and Houses.
Lists about this place
- - The National Park Service's "National Historic Landmarks (California)"
- - All California State Parks and Points of Interest
- - Famous Homes and Houses
- - Amazing American Architecture
- - Statues & Memorials of Entertainers, Artists, Athletes,Scientists,War Heroes, Politicians and other Notable Humans
- - Frommer's 500 Places to Take Your Kids Before They Grow Up
Write an entry Entries about this place
I traipsed all over this drafty old gilded barn and couldn’t find Rosebud anywhere! Dayum I wanted to jump into those pools though. And I wished I could have my own airstrip. And my own zoo. And my own mistress. And my own newspapers that I could make up any news that I wanted to. W.R. Hearst I salute you!over 5 years ago
I spent a day here in 1998.
Was here years ago on a road trip with my parents. I remember thinking how cool it would be to have your own theatre & bowling alley!We got to sit in the theatre & watch old b&w films of the stars who visited the castle! I loved the pool surrounded by statues & columns outside & the pool inside inlaid with gold.over 6 years ago
Ask a question Travel questionsNobody has asked a question yet. Be the first!
People who have been here
See all 247 people