Lists about this place
- - WonderClub.com's "Seven Forgotten Wonders of the Medieval Mind"
- - All 911 UNESCO Heritage Sites
- - Hillman's Top 100 "Wonders"
- - Ten Best of Everything: Ten Best World Heritage Sites
- - Greatest Places in the World
- - Wanderlust 7Wonders list - Top 75
- - UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Egypt
Write an entry Entries about this place
King Ramses II of the Bible! What a magnificant palace you built . . . a few miles away from where it stands today! Not only is it a marvel of engineering of ancient times, but of modern times as well! Oh to stand next to Ramses II and see his cartuche all around his grave, and have a conversation with one of the greatest kings of Egypt!over 7 years ago
We cruised Lake Nasser from Aswan to Abu Simbel (and back) via many of the tombs and temples saved by UNESCO. The boat actually moored in front of the temple on our first trip. This gave us the opportunity to see the sun come up at Abu Simbel when there are few people there.over 7 years ago
Ask a question Travel questionsNobody has asked a question yet. Be the first!
People who have been here
See all 235 people