Thanks a lot rona lipke! This really helps narrow down my decisions. Palawan does sound wonderful and I’ve seen many nice pictures on the internet. I have a few more questions to trouble you again. They are:
1. I read that to get to Palawan, I must reach Manila then take a plane to Puerto Princesa City. Do you think I need to prebook the domestic plane ticket or I can just buy a ticket when I reach? From Puerto Princesa, do I have to take another plane to reach Palawan?
2. Being a first time visitor to Philippines and the fact that I’m going with my boyfriend (who likes drinks and relaxation), would you recommend Cebu or Palawan?
3. You mentioned that it is considered peak season in december. Do you think its safe for us to choose an accomodation only when we reach the beach or its better if we pre-book online?
4. For either Cebu or Palawan, do you know of a good or romantic resort?
5. Do people still worry about pirates and kidnapping? These are rumours that have been going on for a long time in my country. Do you think the recent Haze from Indonesia will still be a big problem to Philippines in December?
So sorry.. that’s really a lot of questions.
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks again.
Hey Anne, thanks! Appreciate your kind answers. I will soon check out your friend’s blog and go grab a lonely planet book. :) I’m from a hot region, its summer all year round here in Singapore. I wonder in December.. if it is ok to wear bikini?
To rona lipke:
haha I see. I was wondering about the culture there and also if I would get cold wearing a bikini when there’re cool winds. Since most of you said there’ll be sunshine :) it’ll be fine.
Thank you so much! Your previous info (in orange __) help me realise Palawan is not a small island. I misunderstood and thought Puerto Princesa is actually another place outside of Palawan! Since you mentioned it takes 5-6 hours to get to north side from princesa, I think if I were to visit, I will fly straight to El Nido straight from Manila Airport. ^^I hope I have enough money though.. if not I will have to miss travelling there this christmas season and plan to go around March next year. Thanks for your patience and offer of answering more of my questions. :)